With ever-increasing power costs, emerging legislation, and the threat of global warming, companies are looking to reduce operating costs and energy use. Many companies have already addressed the low-hanging fruit, but little has been done to address the power consumption behaviour of employees.
The TALKINGplug system has the power to change entrenched behaviour. First, if employees are given the carbon reading of their floor or department, it’s merely an interesting statistic. However, when they are compared to their co-workers, there is motivation to turn off that computer at night! People are engaged because they become part of the solution, rather than just contributors to the problem.
• Reduce costs, save energy and cut carbon emissions
• Report on energy use by device type, location, workgroup, and more
• Leverage insights to design, execute and monitor other energy saving initiatives
• Engage staff as part of the solution
• Gain visibility into personal energy use
• Simple, non-invasive tools make it easy to change behaviour
• All automation is user controlled – no ‘big brother’ control imposed from above
• Social dynamics encourage peer / workgroup based cooperation
• Easy to deploy – plugs into existing outlets, self configuring
• Cost effective
• Standards based IEEE 802.15.4 wireless physical layer combined with highly optimized software layer ensures security, range (mesh enabled), performance and reliability
• RFID device tagging available to simplify deployment and enable specific device-level tracking
• No software to install – 100% enterprise class SaaS/Cloud based system
Sign up for a pilot
TALKINGplug is in a testing phase, and we are looking for companies facing energy reduction and cost challenges. To participate in a pilot project
click here for more.